When you are traveling and camping in your RV the exterior gets dirty quickly. The key to keeping your RV exterior looking new is to clean it often. If you allow bugs, dirt and black streaks to stay on the RV’s exterior surface too long it can be hard to remove. I like to thoroughly clean our RV after returning from a trip. Let’s look at my top 5 RV exterior cleaning tips for a new looking RV.
1) Use a car wash soap that is compatible with the surface of the RV.
2) Use a long handled brush with soft bristles to reach the high spots and use a wash glove or mitt for the easy to reach areas.
3) When you use commercial cleaners, like black streak remover, always read the instructions for best cleaning results and to protect the RV’s paint and graphics from possible damage.
4) Rinse the area you plan to wash first. Always wash from the top down. When you are rinsing the soap from the surface avoid spraying water in any of the appliance vents.
5) You have probably heard lots of ideas for removing dead bugs from the front of your RV, but the best advice I can offer is clean it as soon as possible and use lots of water on the front of the RV to make the chore of removing bugs and road debris easier. I have had decent luck with bug and tar remover products too.
Well there you have it, a nice clean RV until you head out on your next RV trip.
To learn more about your RV take a minute to visit RV Education 101.